Adding Video to a PowerPoint Presentation
PowerPoint offers the flexibility to include video and audio as part of the content of slides in your presentation. This walkthrough will show you how to add video to your presentations.
- Determine which video content you wish to include in the presentation. This content can be something you've created yourself in iMovie or something you've gotten from an outside source (such as video downloaded from YouTube).
- Open an existing PowerPoint presentation, or start a new one.
- Add a new slide for the video content (using Command+Shift+N or Insert → New Slide). There doesn't need to be anything special about the slide created.
- Add any text you wish to include on the slide.
- Using either the Insert or Media Menu, choose to insert a movie.
- Select the video you'd like to add. In this example, we'll use video downloaded from YouTube.
- When prompted, choose whether you'd like the movie to play automatically as soon as you load the slide, or if you'd rather it wait until you click on it to begin playing.
- Resize and place the video as desired.
- In slideshow mode, you should now be able to click on the video and view it as part of your presentation.
- Not all video types will play properly in PowerPoint. You may have to experiment a little to get yours to work.
- If you'd like to preview video while in Normal View in PowerPoint, simply click the filmstrip icon in the lower-left-hand corner of the movie in the slide.
- You can Pause/Play the video once in slideshow mode by clicking anywhere on the video.