Grading Scales in Canvas and PowerTeacher Pro
To set grading scales in your courses and to ensure compatibility between Canvas and PowerSchool -
1. Log into Canvas at https://sluh.
2. Choose your Dashboard from the navigation icons on the left side of the page that will show all of the classes you are teaching.
3. Select the class you want to work in.
4. Select Settings from the bottom of the left menu.
5. You are now in your Course Settings. All of the basic information from your course is transferred from PowerSchool—including a grading scale—but you will need to make sure you have the correct Grading Scale selected. Scroll down to the middle of the page until you see the Grading Scheme check box. Make sure it is checked.
6. Click on “View/Set Grading Scheme.” You are presented with a dialogue box that includes the preselected grading scale. If is correct, click Done, then scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click the blue button “Update Course Details.”
7. If you need to change the grading scale, click on “Select Another Scheme” on the top right of the pop-up box.” You are now presented with the Grading Scales used at SLUH. The majority of courses use the “1-Default”; if your course uses a different one, please choose the appropriate grading scheme. Click on “Use This Grading Standard,” click Done, then scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click the blue button “Update Course Details.”
1. Log into PowerTeacher Pro (PTP) through PowerTeacher at https://
2. Choose Settings from the navigation icons on the left side of the page.
3. Choose Student Grade Scales.
4. For each course listed, click the Add button on the right side of the screen.
5. Choose the corresponding Grade Scale to match the one chosen in Canvas. The scale PTP calls 'Default' matches '1-Default' in Canvas.
6. Click the checkbox on the right above the list of students to choose all students in the course.
7. Click the Save button and the Save Changes button on the resulting dialogue box.
8. Repeat for each course.