Messaging an entire class
With the loss of Google Contacts functionality that allowed us to create email groups in a straightforward and quick manner, we are now advising that if you need to message your entire class, that you use Canvas for this purpose. The following is how to go about doing so.
- First, you'll need to log into Canvas. From there, go to your inbox, which you can access by clicking on the icon on the left:
- Once in your inbox, click the Compose icon in the upper right:
- In the Compose Message window, click the Course drop down box to select the course/class that you want to email.
- With your course selected, now click the contacts icon in the To field. To email the entire class, choose "All in X"
- Now write your message and hit Send. The email will go out to all of the students in that particular course.