New SLUH Student Technology Checklist
Welcome to SLUH!
Technology is an integral part of your SLUH education and experience, and we're here to help you get set up smoothly! Make sure you get through step 4 as there is a required Canvas course and quiz you must work through.
Before you come on campus/start online courses
1. Set up your SLUH network account.
You can find your temporary password and SLUH username in the Admissions Portal at https://apply.sluh.org/sluh_login
SLUH student usernames are the same as their student ID, which is a seven-digit number that starts with their year of graduation, e.g. 2024123 for a student in the graduating class of 2024. SLUH student email addresses are in the format <student ID>@sluh.org, e.g. email@example.com.
2. Log in to your SLUH Gmail account for the first time
You can log in via a web browser at either of the following web pages:
- https://gmail.com and entering your SLUH email address and your new password.
- http://gmail.sluh.org and entering your SLUH username and your new password.
If you want to set up your SLUH Gmail on your phone or iPad, see these articles:
3. Make sure you have the appropriate device for your grade
Incoming Freshman and Sophomore transfer students:
- Make sure you have created an Apple ID and installed any required apps. Instructions and an app list can be found on the required device page, linked above
Junior and Senior transfer students:
4. Explore Canvas
Canvas is the School LMS (Learning Management System) that SLUH uses for all of your courses. This is where you will find your assignments, homework, quizzes, etc.
- When you log in, you will find a "Tech 101" class (available after June 1) you need to work through. There is some reading material and a quiz you need to take.
- You can always find links to Canvas and SLUH Gmail in the upper-right corner of the SLUH Support website (or the “hamburger” menu if you’re on a phone.)
- There is also a Canvas app for the iPad, though you may have better luck using Canvas in a web browser.
- If you have any issues with Canvas, check out the Canvas section of our knowledge base.
5. Explore Google Apps (G Suite for Education)