Departing Faculty/Staff/Student Device Procedures
Laptop Return Procedures
When returning a laptop, the following items must be returned:
- Laptop charger
- Laptop bag or hardshell case
Instructions for returning laptops:
- Remove files you no longer need or want.
- Run a successful Time Machine Backup. Click on the Time Machine icon (looks like a clock) on the toolbar at the top right of your screen, and choose Back Up Now. Remember Time Machine will only backup while on campus.
- Deauthorize iTunes: http://support.apple.com/en-us
- Change your laptop login password as directed by IT. Open System Preferences, then double click on Users & Groups, next make sure your login username is selected on the left column, then click on the Change Password...button.
iPad Return Procedures
When returning an iPad, the following items must be returned:
- iPad charger (fee applicable if lost or damaged)
- iPad cable (fee applicable if lost or damaged)
- iPad case
There are 3 tasks we need the user to perform when returning an iPad.
Turn Off Passcode
- Power on the iPad and have the user input his passcode
- Then open Settings > Passcode
- User will need to enter passcode
- Then select Turn Passcode Off
- User will need to enter passcode one last time to turn it off.
Turn Off Find My iPad
- With Settings still open, Tap on their name at the top in the far left section
- Now tap on “This iPad” in the list of devices. The user may need to enter their AppleID password.
- Next turn off Find My iPad by tapping on the On> button, then toggling it to the “Off” position.
- Next have the user sign out of their AppleID.
Erase All Content and Settings
- Within Settings, click on General, then scroll to the bottom and select Reset.
- Next, tap on Erase All Content and Settings
- If it asks you to update your backup before erasing, just click on Erase Now.